Sunday, July 31, 2005

WAMM's Fifties Birthday Bash


WAMM's Fifties Birthday Bash
Originally uploaded by Ravenmn.
I was asked to do some signs for an upcoming FUNdraiser for Women Against Military Madness. This one is to celebrate women in their fifties and takes the theme "Fall-in Shelter: Duck and Cover from the World's Woes". I made this sign for the doors, plus printed out several color posters from the Civil Defense museum site to use as decorations. I'm not quite 50, but they are adding an honorary year so I can be a celebrant as well!


Nametag
Originally uploaded by Ravenmn.
Here also is an example of the nametags I made. It reminds me of an event some of the Nuclear Freeze campaigners did sometime in the early 1980s. The evacuation plans for Minneapolis in case of a nuclear disaster included all Minneapolis residents moving into the small town of Northfield, Minnesota. So as part of the Freeze work, some activists went door-to-door in Northfield with suitcases and told people they had decided to move in with them early. It was an interesting method to kick-start a discussion about the Freeze movement and a humorous way to approach strangers. I don't know whose idea it was, but it was really good!


0 comments: