Thursday, July 14, 2005

Amazing!

Go see these amazing images of Mammatus clouds over Hastings, Nebraksa photographed by Jorn Olsen. Link via Presurfer.

The All New Sesame Street is a round-up of the newest additions to the show now that Cookie Monster is part of an anti-obesity campaign. Also via Presurfer.

And from a commenter at Pandagon, links to comics about sensitive guys who can't get dates here and here.

These fun posts brought to you by me, trying to get out of my brain a huge discussion I read over at The News Blog about the bombings in London and absurd demands from some American twit about what Muslims in London should be doing in response. First, they had to condemn the attacks, then they had to issue fatwas, and finally the Muslims should have been out in the streets in the tens of thousands condemning the attacks. I had to wonder what else she wanted her little trained monkeys to do before she'd cut them some slack.

As a person who has actually done the work to get 10s of thousands out into the street several times in the past, I can promise one thing: the last thing the authorities in London want right now is thousands of Muslims (or anyone else for that matter), marching through the streets. Can you imagine the security nightmare it would be to protect such a crowd from racists who are using the bombings as an excuse to attack innocent Muslim people in London already?

I don't know how to link to the discussion directly, but it was pretty damn pathetic. I think there was a point in there somewhere about how a healthy community can create an environment in which the lunatic fringe finds it impossible to carry out their lunacies. I wish I could figure out a way to link to that post directly, because it will soon be off the scrowl. But I don't reommend it to anyone, anyway. Hmph!

0 comments: