Monday, July 25, 2005

Sucky Weekend!

It was hot, humid and icky. Ravenhub and I both had a touch of something intestinal that wasn't horrible but was irritating in the extreme. Ugh. Whine. Complain.

There. That's enough.

I've added Bitch PhD to my blogroll because I have thoroughly enjoyed my visits there lately. I posted there in a pique of anger that I thought might be on the TMI side, but the responses were wonderful and so my worries were pretty much unwarranted. Even if I had come under attack, I'm confident that the women who post there would have had my back. That's cool.

I am currently facing a health issue that is disturbing. I have a biopsy scheduled in a couple of weeks. Yikes! Just the word is frightening. I am determined to not be worried about it for now. What the hell can I do at this point? OTOH, I'd just as soon not have to spend all this time at various doctor's offices getting inconclusive tests over and over again. Yeah, I'm not a robot, and that's good for a whole lot of reasons, but if I was a robot the diagnostics would be so much easier!

Tonight I spent a couple of hours at the offices of Mizna at the California Building in Northeast ("Nordeest") Minneapolis helping them put out the mailing of their latest journal. This one focuses on humor and satire and is really worth reading. Only three of us showed up to do the work. OTOH, it was nice getting to know a little bit more about each other. Oddly enough, we talked about our pets a lot and a bit about our parents. I thoroughly enjoyed myself.

0 comments: