Thursday, May 12, 2005

mother's day march


mother's day 3
Originally uploaded by Ravenmn.
Just uploaded a few pictures from last Saturday's Mother's Day march. It was a great turnout considering the drizzly weather. Also, it turns out there were two or three other progressive marches last weekend, so the antiwar movement had several choices to express their sentiments last weekend.



mother's day
Originally uploaded by Ravenmn.
My job for these events is to create the flyers (see below). Once I get to the event, my job is to do several crowd counts. This is not only to keep track of our own activities, but also to have some honest numbers for the press. Local news organizations got into big trouble for underestimating crowds several years ago and ever since then we've been building the reputation for honest reports on turnouts for our events. In the second picture, that red-draped figure in the background is me, after performing the third crowd count of the day. I was on my way to the front of the march so that I could do a count of people entering the church. As it turned out, there was only one reporter at the event. I called and spoke to her a couple of hours after the march and gave her my numbers. She agreed to the wording "over 250 participants" after I gave her all four counts.

1 comments:

The Heretik said...

Ride on. Write on. Right on