Thursday, June 15, 2006

Pretty Hawks

In the past week, when I've gotten off the bus and walked the half block to my house, I've been seeing hawks flying over my house. One young Red Tail hawk seems especially fond of practicing her soaring technique directly above my house. The crows who are nesting nearby are not particularly pleased about this development. The other day I saw one of the crows repeatedly flying into the wings of the hawk. The hawk acted as if she wasn't disturbed in the least -- just flicked a feather or two. But the crow was persistent and after several minutes, the hawk altered her path just slightly to move away from the block. She was an awesome site. Here's some pics randomly chosen off the web to give you an idea of what I was seeing.

Photo Hosted at Buzznet.com

Photo Hosted at Buzznet.com

0 comments: