New Year's Inventory Meme
1. What did you do in 2005 that you'd never done before?
Bought a newer (good) used car rather than a crappy used car.
2. Did you keep your new years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
Yes/I've made enough for this year.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
My grandson was born on February 16.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
5. What countries did you visit?
6. What would you like to have in 2006 that you lacked in 2005?
More time with friends.
7. What date from 2005 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
September 24. The huge anti-war march in Washington, D.C.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Surviving with my sense of humor intact.
9. What was your biggest failure?
Losing my sense of humor on occasion.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Nothing permanent. Knock wood.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
Those who protested the war.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
Our so-called "leaders."
14. Where did most of your money go?
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Mizna's Third Annual Midwest Arab Film Festival
16. What song will always remind you of 2005?
Can't think of any.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you more or less relaxed?
18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
Gone to more movies.
19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
20. How will you be spending Christmas?
21. Did you fall in love in 2005?
All over again. He's the one.
22. How many one-night stands?
23. What was your favorite TV program?
24. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
It's pretty much the same.
25. What was the best book you read?
The Book of Salt by Monique Truon
26. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Can't think of one.
27. What did you want and get?
More time with Ravenhub.
28. What did you want and not get?
A perfectly clean house.
29. What was your favorite film of this year?
30. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
Had a party for myself. Had a wonderful time.
31.What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
The overthrow of capitalism.
32. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2005?
33. What kept you sane?
Friends and drugs (not those kind, you ninny).
34. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
35. What political issue stirred you the most?
The war in Iraq.
36. Who did you miss?
Activist friends who moved out of town.
37. Who was the best new person you met?
Vandana Shiva (see above)
38. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2005.
To laugh. At myself, at reality, at the universe. I have to relearn it every year. (Sometimes every day....)
- capitalism sucks
- mayday books
- women of color
- book review
- antiwar sign
- women friends
- stuff about me
- st. paul
- working class
- immigrant rights
- gay pride
- native americans
- 1934 strike
- Sami Rasouli
- book group
- march 20
- Northern sun news
- allied media conference
- capitalis sucks
- health care
- marge piercy
- mayday parade
- Cindy Sheehan
- Doris Lessing
- Iris Murdoch
- Nice Guy Syndrome
- barbara smith
- disability rights
- fbi harassment
- food not bombs
- latin america
- lee maracle
- march 18
- news release
- radio flyer KFAI
- renegade evolution
- teach in
- ► 2010 (43)
- ► 2009 (77)
- ► 2008 (159)
- ► 2007 (156)
- "Out Now!" not "Support the Troops" Joel Stein at...
- We have a location! Another iteration. With deskt...
- Franklin, 1; Students, 1; Gonzales, 0 Students pr...
- Flatten Image In Photoshop, you can set up differ...
- After the committee Well, not a lot of changes, w...
- Just a draft Trying to work up an agreeable leafl...
- Sad news This is not an uncommon event in Iraq, b...
- The Problem In Iraq? Bad BRANDING! Image from Ha...
- Egoboo from EgoSurf This is apparently bogus. I f...
- True English Nerd You scored 89 erudition...
- Hissy Fits are funny Via American Leftist, I foun...
- Sami is returning to Minnesota! My good friend Sa...
- Ten reasons why you should never accept a diamond ...
- New Year's Inventory Meme 1. What did you do in 2...
- Two Events This ad for the MLK weekend event wi...
- Our priorities suck We've got thousands of people...
- Movies! Yesterday I went to see "The Squid and th...
- Happy New Year I'm hoping this day has found you ...
- ▼ January (18)
- ► 2005 (186)
Monday, January 09, 2006
New Year's Inventory Meme
Posted by Ravenmn at 12:00 PM