Sunday, August 28, 2005

That was fun!

We all got older and fatter and lost our hair and our eyesight. It was just so much fun to see how many people are alive and doing well. They have children and grandchildren and jobs and lives all over the country.

It is so funny how our perceptions of school are so different. One woman came up to me and told me she had been the young girl who had "the great honor" of turning the pages on the music book that I used to play the piano accompaniment to our school's production of "Joseph and his Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat!". To think that anyone would consider sitting next to me to be some kind of honor is unbelievable. But there you go.

Honestly, I believe the most amazing thing about the night was the great delight in knowing that all of these different people have survived all these years. The event was held in the same hall that was used to hold my class's graduation, all 37 of us. It kind of renewed my faith in life itself.

0 comments: