Friday, February 16, 2007

o.m.g.

Some things are just too vacuous to believe.

I'm sure the reporter pulled out the worst possible quotes to slant his story in the New York Observer. Even so, these are really bad!

Bungalowing Iraq
By George Gurley

It was after midnight last Saturday, and Bungalow 8 was filling up. I wanted to ask the famously exclusive nightclub’s regular patrons their thoughts about Iraq.

John Flanagan, a 40-year-old nightlife impresario, was sitting with a large group drinking $350 bottles of vodka.

“I’m upset for the American lives that are lost, and the Iraqi lives,” he said. “It makes me feel confused about the direction we’ve taken and whether it was for the right cause.”

He referred to the war as an “unpleasantry of life.”

-----

Read more at the link. If you dare.

2 comments:

Veronica said...

"And, let them eat cake..."

bint alshamsa said...

Actually, I was thinking more along the lines of

"Nero fiddled while Rome burned". These idiots are so shallow that I really wish I could believe this entire story was made up...but I can't. All I can do is shake my head in disgust.