Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Success!

Mizna had a terrific journal release event last Friday at the University of Minnesota book store. Over 70 people attended and nine contributing authors read from their work. It was wonderful.

Today I finally managed to put together a flyer asking people to subscribe to the journal. For some reason, I found this particular assignment very difficult. I can do event flyers, but I wasn't sure how to put together a flyer publicizing the journal. The journal is wonderful and has terrific writing about a subject of great importance today. And yet I put it off until the last possible minute. The journal mailing was tonight and I managed to finish the flyer at around 2 p.m. this afternoon. Sheesh!

Tonight there were ten of us mailing out the most recent version of the journal along with my fliers and other information to journal readers. The mailing went relatively quickly and much hilarity transpired.

So even though Israel and Lebanon are once again at war and many of my friends are currently in Lebanon, trying to get out, there is comradery and soldarity from our small corner of the world. If you can, please subscribe to Mizna. It has great writing and artistry. You won't be disappointed.

Photo Hosted at Buzznet.com

0 comments: