Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Workers good. Bosses bad.

I've been searching around for a decent, well-written fact sheet to express why so many millions of people are standing up for the rights of illegal immigrants. I haven't been successful, so far. But I'm sure it's out there somewhere. Referrals greatly appreciated.

Until then, let me just say this: workers = good.

Yeah, that's my bottom line. People who actually lift a finger to contribute something are pretty much okey dokey in my book. Those who sit around and whine and complain, not so good in my book.

And another thing....

If life was hard for you and you had to jump over a hundred thousand irritating hurdles just to survive, that really sucks. It sucks so much that I hope nobody else ever has to go through the shit that you had to go through. Makes sense, right?

But, no. Instead, there is this bizarre theory that because I had it bad, you ought to have it just as bad. As if shittiness is a requirement. People seem to be saying life was totally unfair for my grandparents, the immigrants, so it should be totally unfair for you, too.

Where are the people who say, my life sucked and I sincerely hope that you never have to have a sucky life like mine? Surely I can't be the only one.

0 comments: